Tandoori Chicken one of the most common name that is heard, spelled, eaten and known by everyone in India and outside India. like shammi kebab tandoori chicken too has a very strong influence on foodies. People who love eating and who don't all fall in love with this great recipe. I have tried my hands often with this recipe because it is not only one of my favorite but also my family's. In any special occasion, party or for some celebration this is one of the dish that has always been a part of the dinner table. If you are not a vegetarian you will once taste this recipe in your life and surely try to make it one day.
Like roasting making tandoori is very common in India. As there are many modern gadgets available in the market, making tandoori chicken is much easier these days. No one needs a tandoor machine at home, a microwave oven is enough for cooking.
Making tandoori chicken is not that tough as people imagine. If appropriate ingredients are available making this recipe is very easy.
1 kg chicken cut in big pieces
100gm sour curd
Salt to taste
2tbsp Chili Powder
1 1/2tsp Red food Color
3-4tbsp Tandoori Chicken masala ( available in market)
2tbsp Gram flour
2tbsp Kasoori Methi
7-8 Garlic cloves paste(large)
2 big Onions paste
1 1/2 inch Ginger paste
2 green chilies
1. Make a paste of the onion, garlic, ginger and green chilies in a blender.
2. Now in a different blender pot mix the curd, food color, chili powder and gram flour. Make a fine paste.
3. Wash the chicken pieces thoroughly and slowly slit it with a knife for the spice paste to go inside.
4. Add the curd paste and the onion garlic paste.
5. Now add the tandoori masala along with the kasoori methi, sugar, salt and little oil.
6. Wrap the entire chicken pieces in plastic bag along with the pastes and keep in the refrigerator to marinade for at least 6 hours. The more time you keep the better. Best is for overnight.
7. Place the chicken pieces on the oven and grill it for 10 minutes on each side and then on convection mode in 180 temperature bake it for another 10 minutes on each side.
8. For the smell of authentic tandoori shops. Take a piece of charcoal and heat it. Place in a small plate. Place it between the chicken and cover it for 8 minutes.
Tandoori Chicken is ready to be served with anything or without anything.